Today is my New Year’s Day. The holidays are over. Alan’s gone back to work, the boys have gone back to school and we’re all back to reality.
2017 was a crap year for me and my family. One bad thing after another. There were a few good things that happened.
Alan & I started a new business hiring out hot tubs which had its teething problems, but we are looking forward to building the business this year.
We got on the property ladder and brought our lovely house. This had been a big goal for a few years and I had felt that I needed the security of owning our own house after having a rented property sold from under us when Lewis was only a few months old. Buying our first home has certainly been the most stressful thing I have ever done, I wasn’t prepared for there to be so many ups and downs. We lost what we thought was our dream home; a lovely huge 4 bed house which needed completely renovating. But when that fell through we found the house we brought not quite as big but it didn’t need anywhere near as much work and has a lovely big garden with lots of potential.
Alan took part in Tough Mudder, Total Warrior and the Great North Run. I am so so proud of him for completing these even when he was in agony with a back problem he’d been having physio for. These events lead to lovely weekends away in Maidenhead, The Lakes & Newcastle.
2018 Goals and New Years Resolutions
- To try harder to concur my social anxiety.
- To spend more time making memories with my family.
- To make up for not having an abroad holiday in 2017.
2017 Blog Review
My blog didn’t go as I hoped last year. I didn’t get chance to put in the time it’s needed but I am happy with its growth considering.
I last reviewed my stats on 28th October on our first blogging birthday and I set the following goals for the next quarter.
- Hit 10,000 views
- Reach 100 followers on Instagram & Pinterest.
- Reach 200 followers on Facebook & Twitter.
- Increase DA.
Although it’s not quite 3 months since I set these goals I feel the new year is the perfect time to review them and set new goals for the next quarter.
- 12,101 Visitors 🎉 GOAL ACHIEVED 🎉
- 39,196 Visitors
- DA 13 🔸Ok, so my DA hasn’t changed, but I have made steps to improve such as guest posts and taking part in linkies and will continue to do so. 🔸 🔴UPDATE🔴 10th January: My DA has increased to 14! 🎉GOAL ACHIEVED 🎉
- Facebook 163 likes
- Instagram 144 followers 🎉 GOAL ACHIEVED 🎉
- Pinterest 25 followers
- Twitter 215 followers 🎉 GOAL ACHIEVED 🎉
Next Quarter Goals
- To reach 15,000 views.
- To reach 200 Facebook followers.
- To reach 250 Twitter followers.
- To reach 175 Instagram followers.
- To reach 50 Pinterest followers.
What goals or resolutions have you made? Leave me a comment.
<div style=”width:100%;text-align:center;”><span style=”margin:5px;padding:5px;border-radius: 5px;border:1px solid lightgrey;display:inline-block;”><a rel=_nofollow href=”http://thetaleofmummyhood.com”> <img style=”border: 1px solid gray;width:200px;height:200px;” src=”http://thetaleofmummyhood.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/The-Tale-of-Mummyhood-Branding-Blogstravaganza.png”> <p style=”allign: center;”></p></a></span></div>