Christmas 2016 we had our first family pantomime visit, we chose Cinderella at the Floral Pavillion in New Brighton. I wasn’t sure if the boy were too young to understand but they watched the whole thing and were glued to the stag.
The show starred Olivia Birchenough from Milkshake as Cinderella, Tam Ryan, comedian as Buttons, Alison Hammond as the Fairy Godmother and Jamie Morris and Tarot Joseph as the Ugly Sisters.
The show was great. The ugly sisters were very funny and Tristan said his favourite part was when they sang ghost busters and one of the ugly sisters scared the ghost away. The show was filled with fun and laughter, some sadness and of course a happy ending. The audience were amazed when an actual Shetland pony was brought onto the stage.
A annual visit to a pantomime is definitely going to become a Christmas tradition, although we haven’t booked this years yet – mainly because I can’t decide which to attend as there’s lots of choice this year.
Pantomimes in the North West this Christmas include
- Peter Pan at the Floral Pavillion, Wirral
- Aladdin at the Echo Arena, Liverpool
- The Little Mermaid at the Everyman Theatre, Liverpool
- Peter Pan at the Epstein Theatre, Liverpool
- Cinderella at the Liverpool Empire, Liverpool
- Snow White & The Seven Dwarves at St. Helens Royal Theatre
- The Secret Seven at The Storyhouse, Chester
- Dick Whittington at Opera House, Manchester
- Beauty & The Beast at King Georges Hall, Manchester
- Elf at The Lowry, Manchester